The Liverpool Philharmonic Hall is situated in Hope Street, Liverpool, United Kingdom. It was originally a concert hall for the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Society. The facility opened on 27 August 1849. In 1933, the original hall caught fire and was completely destroyed. It was rebuilt and reopened in 1939; the latest renovation took place in 2015. Initially, it had a seating capacity of 1,500 but later on, the number of seats was increased to 2,100.The hall hosts up to 250 events each year out of which 60 are classical music events. It also hosts private and corporate events.